Choose home made over store bought. You will know exactly what your French Bulldog Puppy is eating and avoid any stomach/allergy issues.
1. Peanut Butter Pumpkin Treats
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 table spoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 table spoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough into a 1⁄2-inch-thick roll. Cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.
2. DIY French Bulldog Puppy Breath Mints from SkinnyMS
- 2 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned oats,
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 large egg (see tip below for dogs with allergies to chicken products)
- 1⁄4 cup of water, plus 1 teaspoon
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (unrefined extra-virgin is best)
- Preheat the oven to 325° F
- Add oats to a blender and pulse to a flour like consistency. In a large bowl whisk together diced parsley and mint, egg, water, and oil. Add oat flour and stir to combine. Knead dough a few times then turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Using your hands or a rolling pin, flatten dough to about 1/8″ thick. Using a cookie cutter or knife cut out approximately 40 (1-inch mints) mints. Place mints about 1⁄4-inch a part on a parchment lined or non-stick cookie sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Allow mints to cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.
- Tip: For dogs with allergies to chicken products, substitute one large egg with 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce.
3. The No-Grainer (Grain Free) by Lexy’s Clean Kitchen
- 1 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter or nut butter of choice, no added ingredients
- 4 organic eggs
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp sweet potato puree or pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and form dough into a ball.
- Roll out dough in between two sheets of parchment paper*.
- Gently use your desired cookie cutters to cut and lift cookies into ideal shape**.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are hard.
- Let cool completely before serving.
4. Healthy Blueberry Delights
- 1⁄2 cup organic blueberries, chopped
- 1 cup ground bison or turkey
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- Mix all ingredients together, and then roll into 1-inch balls. Press flat with a fork.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet at 400°F for 20 minutes. Let cool before giving to your pets.
- Store extra cookies in the freezer or refrigerator and consume within one week. If stored in the freezer, this can stay fresh for up to three months.
- Your French Bulldog Puppy is going to love this one!
5. Plant Based Dog Snack
- 2 cups of shredded organic carrots
- 1⁄4 cup of water
- 1⁄4 cup of dry oats
- 1 cored and shredded organic apple (remove all seeds)
- 1⁄4 cup and 2 tablespoons of molasses
- 3⁄4 cups of organic whole wheat flour
- 1 cup organic flax seed (Arrowhead Mills Organic Flax Seed)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all of the listed ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly to create a thicker batter. If you have a thinner batter than you desire, add more flour into the mix until you achieve a thicker consistency.
- Add the mixture in to cupcake/muffin papers, or to a greased cupcake tin, filling them 3⁄4 of the way full. Bake for 15 minutes until brown.
- Cool, then remove.